Playstation 5.

The place where you can discuss everything from the world of PlayStation

Moderator: I am nobody

KTiger_44

Re: Playstation 5.

Post by KTiger_44 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:05 pm

I may well buy the PS5 when the 7 will be announced lol. I'm still debating buying a PS4 because on one hand, I really, REALLY want to play Valkyria Chronicles 4, Ace Combat 7, Metro Exodus and the Azur Lane and Girls und Panzer PS4 games, and I don't see myself buying a ridiculously expensive gaming laptop (I move a lot, don't live in a huge flat, and thus can't really have a static "tower" PC), but on the other hand, I don't really want to shell out $60-70 for every game I want. If I get the 5 aforementioned games and a non-Pro PS4, I'll pay something like $700 and that's BS.

I mean, for that price, I can go on a trip abroad, get a ridiculously expensive airsoft replica, or buy a second hand car. I'm not sinking so much money into 5 games; I'd do it for a new laptop if mine broke because I work and contact my family through it, and because I can get games for a fraction of what the PS4 ones cost, but not for "just" a console with 5 games.

I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!

Post by I REALLY HATE PRESENTS! » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:53 pm

If you don't have PS4 you can just wait to see if PS5 has backward compatability. That should increase its value to you significantly if it is. Probably prudent to wait to see if a PS5 Pro emerges too.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Price is the rub. Still don't really have a PS4 technically as I'm just using a roommate's.

Not sure if I'd get a PS5 either. As usual, the game's are what matter most to me, and I'm not exactly sure what's going to go down if PS5 gets announced this year. That's probably all their in development titles moving to PS5, or at least they've got to push backwards compatibility for all that.

It's an awkward time but not unreasonable per se if they announce it in like March or something like that.

KTiger_44

Post by KTiger_44 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Eh, at this point I'd be satisfied with the baseline PS5, as the Pro thing doesn't add much to me; framerate might be nice on some games but that's not crucial as long as I get more than 24 fps (crap computer users, unite!) and 4K HD kinda loses its appeal when your eyesight is not ideal.
But yeah, it might be a good idea. I hope that the games I want to play on the PS4 won't tank, this way I'll be able to play the sequels on the 5.

I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!

Post by I REALLY HATE PRESENTS! » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:40 am

Yeah, the PS4 Pro doesn't seem to add much but I think if you're going to invest in a system it might be good to look at the options. Maybe PS5 Pro will be a more significant difference (if it even comes), kinda like New 3DS was.

steeze

Post by steeze » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:51 am

My PS4 has an HDMI port hanging by a thread. I've had it repaired once and it is sketchy moving that wire. The slightest tap can throw off the picture. I might just get the Pro so that I have a PS4 to play until the 5.

KTiger_44

Post by KTiger_44 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:04 pm

Ouch, what happened? Do you think you could have it repaired? I know that sometimes, in the USA or in Western Europe, you have to go through franchised shops, warranty or something like that, and it ends up costing an arm and a leg AND lasting for ages, while in Eastern Europe, you just go to the local electronics workshop, and your stuff is fixed within the day.
I was surprised thhe first time; I had broken the screen on my laptop and stressed like mad because I expected shelling out mad money and waiting 2 weeks if not more for the thing to come back, but my not-yet-wife just took me to a workshop down the street that installed a new screen for $50 in a couple hours, and that's because their laptop expert was already working on something else.
So, if you can, I think you can have the thing repaired within hours for dirt cheap, but that depends on where you live.

Return to “Sony Playstation: This is Living!”