The legendary VGF.com Misc forum for general and random topics.
Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:08 pm
Not the same thing. Some of our membership have had/witnessed struggles with addiction, & so it may rub them the wrong way to have it so misidentified. Not saying we can never speak in lighter tones of the subject*, but comparing a brief stint of binge drinking to actual alcoholism really isn't fair.
Yes indeed but I did not establish a comparison, I just wanted to relate the lighter side of my experience. I understand that people could get me wrong ( I often get misunderstood because I say things as they come to my mind), so I now I'd like to say without ambiguity that I did NOT experience alcoholism though I witnessed it.
Besides I'd never seen so many drunk girls before going to Cardiff, though I come from a big city with lots of students. I remember walking in the streets downtown, girls and boys vomiting everywhere and thinking that there was definitely something different. And don't get me wrong : I'm not saying that France is better, if you could see the banks of the Garonne with dozens of guys that line up against the wall to piss... ew. All my blame are belong to them.
- Posts: 5468
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:00 am
- Location: Bamamama
- Has thanked: 13 times
- Been thanked: 12 times
I know there's at least one other member who lives in Alabama, but I think I'm the only semi-regular.
Apollo the Just
- Posts: 14986
- Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:37 pm
- Location: Piccolo is Gohan's Real Dad
- Has thanked: 38 times
- Been thanked: 66 times
California bay area. I like it a lot here but rent is unbelievable.
- Posts: 5288
- Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:28 pm
- Location: New Jersey
- Has thanked: 45 times
- Been thanked: 56 times
^I was just there last year visiting Cali for the very first time. Very awesome place.
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:10 am
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:07 pm
New York. Nice to meet y'all!
- Posts: 17602
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:38 am
- Location: my duplex most likely
- Has thanked: 8 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
I appreciate that over half of the Michigan crew all ended up in Milwaukee...
- Posts: 4868
- Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:49 pm
- Location: Travelling through time at one second per second
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 7 times
or from many people not here
- Posts: 5731
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2000 1:00 am
- Location: Louisville KY
- Posts: 399
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 am
- Location: Konoha
- Has thanked: 35 times
- Been thanked: 52 times
I'm from Long Island, NY.
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm
- Location: ~the line where the sky meets the sea~