So tell me what your favorite video game franchises are...

Moderator: X-3

Shane
Administrator

Re: So tell me what your favorite video game franchises are...

Post by Shane » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 pm

It's been a while since I've been much of a franchise loyalist. I normally just play a random game and see what happens. My backlog is so big that I have no reason to buy much that's not steeply discounted, which rules out most newer games and anything from Nintendo.

I didn't care for the second one, which seems to be most people's favorite, but otherwise I like Age of Empires.

GTA's probably the biggest draw for me on consoles, and now I suppose Red Dead Redemption is going to be added to that list.

The Sims in theory, but then each one has like 20 expansion packs.

I own almost every mainline Final Fantasy game and some of the spinoffs, but I haven't actually played one all the way through since the SNES. I don't know if that's so much being a fan as just nostalgia.

Spellforce. I like RTS and anything that's some other genre with RPG elements.

Tropico. Maybe. The changes in 5 were rather offputting.

The Koei strategy games, which at this point means the occasional Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but they're more focused on things like Dynasty Warriors and markets that aren't the US (Asia-centric focus has always been the case, though).
Now I know there's a reason you shouldn't blame others when you do something wrong, and that reason is: you might get caught and have to apologize to a bunch of dumb peasants.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:56 pm

Zelda, Mario, Super Smash Bros., Ratchet & Clank, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, NBA 2K, Fallout, Sonic, Ace Attorney, Castlevania

Validecember
Supermod

Post by Validecember » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:30 pm

My favorite series is probably Metroid. It's the one video game franchise I'd consider myself a fanboy of.

Other franchises I really enjoy are Mario (the platformers, the RPGs, and the Kart series specifically), Donkey Kong Country, Zelda, F-Zero (GIVE US A NEW GAME NINTENDO), Final Fantasy, and Ace Attorney. I'm tempted to include Resident Evil and Castlevania, but I've only played a handful of titles in those series. I also like Genesis-era Sonic the Hedgehog, but haven't enjoyed anything since Sonic Adventure.

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”