Gaming-Related Collections Flex Thread

Moderator: X-3

Apollo the Just

Gaming-Related Collections Flex Thread

Post by Apollo the Just » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:29 am

I have a lot of crap, and sometimes I like to use shelf space to display said crap so that my material possessions feel more meaningful.

Yesterday I got in a reptile carrier for my tortoise that was the wrong size. I ended up going to a craft store, getting some holographic paper, and turning it into a display case for my Sonic figure. Behold my new and improved Sonic shelf:

to be fair this 'collection' consists of, like, one loot box a friend got, some janky knockoff christmas tree ornaments, an enamel pin from a convention, a Sonic Forces bootleg pillowcase, and a CD my sister got in japan. but hey.

I have some more but I'll hold off for now. Those of you with game-related **** to show off, do so here.

Marilink
Supermod

Re: Gaming-Related Collections Flex Thread

Post by Marilink » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:37 am

Just last week I stumbled upon two of my favorite games ever in their original, unobtainable, Japan-only form

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:04 am

I don't buy physical games very often in the US anymore, but used ones are so much cheaper and in so much better condition in Japan that I have a bit of a hoarding problem when I'm there:

First pic + list:
Spoiler.
All of the 3/DS Taiko no Tatsujin games except Adventure of the 7 Islands, which is at the end
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest
Taiko Vita
Elite Beat Agents 2
Inazuma Eleven 1+2
Dragon Quest Monsters 1-3
Yokai Watch (actually from Amazon)
Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Balloon Trip of Love (these are not good games)
Summon Night 2 + 5
Taiko PS4
Powerful Pro Baseball 2013
My Summer Vacation 3
Seiken Densetsu Collection (eBay)
other DS Taiko
Pokemon HG, W, Pe
Pic 2 + list:
Spoiler.
Yoshi Topsy-Turvy
Pokemon Green (also Yellow, but I forgot to include it)
Super Mario Land
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Puzzle + Dragon
Mario Kart GBA
Dragon Quest Monsters 2
Pokemon Emerald
Skies of Arcadia
E.X. Troopers
White 2
FFTA2
Archaic Sealed Heart
Demon's Souls
Super Robot Wars
Sigma Harmonics
Summon Night Twin Age

The rest are a silly experiment I did with my Mom where she blindly bought a handful based on the cover art alone, because she can't read any of them. They're a Yokai Watch strategy game, Monster Hunter X, some Romance of the Three Kingdoms-based game I'd never heard of, a Death Note game, and Pokemon Rumble.
I haven't played most of these because they still take me forever to get through and I got addicted to White 2, but they look nice on my shelf.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49 pm

^That sounds like something my mom would do ngl

I don't really buy a lot of gaming-related stuff other than games (see: the Centipede board game, as bought by Squeege for the "right price") but I do cross stitch!

Behold, for I maked these:
Spoiler.
Spoiler.
The second one was meant as a gift (if you tuned in to the charity stream I did last year you may have seen me working on it) but I haven't seen my friend in literal years, so /shrug

The first one I made for me; I should probably wash it, take the needle out so I can use it for other projects, and frame it and put it somewhere. That sounds like work tho

I also have a jigsaw puzzle of the Hoenn region, which I started to put together and stopped because 1) I don't really have the space to put together a puzzle and 2) I now understand everyone who complained about Hoenn having too much water. I don't agree, but I at least understand now.
we built our house of cards
but it feels like it's still ours...

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:51 pm

^I don't think she would've done it on her own, but we were there not long before my birthday and she was trying to get me to ask her for something, so I suggested buying a bunch of games based off the covers and surprising me.

Thankfully Book Off staff are usually great about dealing with customers that don't speak Japanese, at least in the cities, so buying them was easy enough.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:21 pm

Kat those cross stitches are so cute!

this seems like a good time to post all my Tales of figures:

half of them are getting kind of gross and sticky so i should probably look into if they can be cleaned... I've had Sheena and Lloyd for like 10 years at this point so I guess that's to be expected.

i also have a crapload of Mikleo fan merch but that's all in my ita bag i made for him. :p

--

I also have a ton of art books that are hiding behind my Katherine figure and my copy of the Persona Trinity Soul OST:

[the hyrule historia was a gift i did not purchase it myself because as cool as it is i would never spend money on anything with an ''''official'''' zelda timeline in it JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR]

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:07 pm

Japanese CDs are soooo expensive. There are some I'd love to get, but people there are willing to pay $30 for like three songs. It's insane.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 pm

I actually lucked out, some dude on eBay just apparently didn't want their copy of the full Persona Trinity Soul OST. I got the thing (which actually comes in a really cool holographic slide-out case) plus a poster for like 30 bucks after shipping.

Also, funny what inspires one to finally do what they've been putting off. I went and washed off my sticky figures. I just used dish soap and water and q-tips and patience but boy they look way better now:

EDIT:

Here's some pics of the Trinity Soul OST case. It's honestly super cool:
Spoiler.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:03 pm

I should actually try to gather all my gaming stuff in one place some day.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”